Saturday 4 May 2013

All About You

If I remember correctly, the first line of the bestselling book, The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren, is, "It's not about you." So I need to tell you that today's post is not about you either. Sorry.

The "you" that it is all about is God.

Psalm 104:1-4 - "O Lord my God, you are very great. You are clothed with honor and majesty... you stretch out the heavens... you set the beams of your chambers on the water... you make the clouds your chariot... you ride on the wings of the wind... you make the winds your messengers".

It's All About You.

Now this next part is for you... and the question comes to you, If You Could Have Anything, what would it be? Would it be me? - Not me, Elizabeth. But me, Jesus. Confused?

What would it take for us to choose Jesus over all else and in every circumstance? The moon and the stars to proclaim his name? The wind whispering our name, beckoning us? The birds singing God's praise? Your heart responding to God's song? I think maybe all these things happen if we're willing to stop and listen, stop and recognize Jesus in all these things.

Turn around and see... me. God.

E.


No comments:

Post a Comment