Wednesday 1 May 2013

God In Your Face

I was on the walking trail that circles around the town of Lunenburg, NS, following the path of the former railway track. I remember the old days of hearing the train whistle by as we sat in our classroom in the Lunenburg Academy on the hill above. The trail was quiet on this day... except for the voice in my head saying, "God is in your face". I took it to mean, "in your face", like the modern expression of someone getting your attention. The voice continued...saying, "talk to the hand". Another expression with a bit of attitude attached to it.

I've often said, to myself mostly... and now to you, that to believe in God I would only have to look as far as my hand. It has an awe inspiring design, with extraordinary capabilities. How could one doubt a creator in this? "Eye cannot see what the hand knows." - journal Jan. 14/12. I love that the evidence of the Creator God is so apparent in creation. So... in my face.

God "in your face" could be taken another way. When I look on your face, really look, I might just see God there. See his reflection. See the evidence that you are made in his image. So why not Rise Up And Show Your Face!

In a well known quote from Marianne Williamson she says, "We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God, that is within us."

In other words, Be Radiant.

Psalm 34:5 - "Look to him, and be radiant; so your faces shall never be ashamed."

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment