Tuesday 7 May 2013

In God's Sight

I Peter 3:4 - "... the Unfading Beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit... is of great worth in God's sight."

This was the quote of the day on the October 17th calendar page from 2007, shown here with a matching leaf I had picked up that same fall.

On the evening of the 16th, we had a missionary, Alan Baker, visit our home group. He had prayed for many of us and in his prayer for me, he had blessed my "gentle spirit", saying it would be effective in ministry. My friend Lisa, discovering this bible verse on her calendar the following day, passed it along to me. It came as an encouragement and confirmation of the missionary's prayer.

Hebrews 13:20-21 - "Now may the God of peace... make you complete in everything good so that you may do his will, working among us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen".

This prayer was written on the journal page from where the leaf and calendar page had been safely tucked away. It seems to fit with this blog post, focusing in on God's sight.

I depend on God's sight. My own sight is limited. I have very narrow vision. Near sightedness. And I don't always see beauty in my own gentle spirit. It can often feel more like weakness and over-sensitivity to everything around me.

Psalm 16:11 - "You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

I need God to show me life through his eyes! Evermore.

E.


No comments:

Post a Comment