Friday 10 May 2013

Where to Turn

Today marks the end of my current collection of worship songs. I hope to have more songs to share in future - some old, some new.

And today I return to my two favourite sources of inspiration - the psalms and the prophets.

Psalm 36: "For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light."

The Fountain Of Life. This is the reason I write and present these songs. This is the reason I press on through limiting resources and skill and give what I have to give. It is for God. For with God is the fountain of life. And I desire to live in this ever flowing water. This ever flowing light. Limitlessness. Nothing hidden, nothing held back. Drinking from the river of delights. Worth pressing on for!

Perhaps the prophet Jeremiah pressed on for similar reasons, with the hope that Israel would feast on the abundance of God's house. His ministry became one of lamentation for a people who would not turn to God.

Jeremiah 25:7 - "Yet you did not listen to me, says the Lord, and so you have provoked me to anger with the work of your hands to your own harm."

Turn Now, Jeremiah continued to cry, but the people continued to choose their own way. They chose to follow what they could conceive with their own minds, Gods they could see and make with their own hands, instead of repenting and choosing to go "beyond the mind". (Thank you Dr. Darlene A. Mayo for that translation from the Greek for repent.)

Thanks for joining me on this little journey through song. It was nice to have your company.
Where to turn now?

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment