Friday 19 April 2013

For The Lord Is Coming

I occasionally get the sense that one of my songs is prophetic in nature - a message for the times we are in. There is no surprise in this, as many of the lyrics I write come straight from the inspired word of God - the bible. For The Lord Is Coming is one of those songs. It's a message that one can hear in the airwaves these days. It's straight forward. Short and to the point.

Psalm 96 - "Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy before the Lord; for he is coming, for he is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with his truth."

If there were ever any doubt, and you needed a reference letter for God, Psalm 146 would be it. Beginning at the 6th verse, all the key attributes are listed: creator, source of faith and justice, provider... liberator, healer, guardian, upholder... God loves. The key word for me in writing this next song was "happy". Not one of the attributes listed, but the hoped for result in me. 

Psalm 146:5 - "Happy Are Those... whose hope is in the Lord their God".

I was in the pursuit of happiness. You may have seen the movie of the same name, featuring Will Smith. The unbelievable true story of homelessness, divine encounters, heartache, perseverance, and seemingly insurmountable obstacles, which ends in the most joyous moment of success. Was it worth it? Is it worth it?

For my own pursuit, I'm happy to say, "yes"!

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment