Sunday 14 April 2013

Heart Words

I was watching a film with Leonardo DiCaprio - Body of Lies, I believe. His character was an undercover agent working in a war torn country, unable to trust another living soul. In the midst of crisis, the unexpected happened. He found love. Even though based on a fictional story, it struck me that there remains in each of us, that 'spot' susceptible and open to true love when we encounter it... even in implausible circumstances. At the end of the movie, I sat down and wrote the words that became Love.

A second 'heart word', Peace, found its way into a song and became one of my favourite to play. Mainly because it takes one finger, moving one fret, on only two strings. That's as good as it gets for a beginner on guitar. The lyrics are dear to me as well. They stem from an image I've had over and over, mainly when I'm feeling weary, of myself leaning against Jesus' breast. Just there. Saying nothing. Doing nothing. At peace.

John 14:23 - "Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved."

It's a nice image. Intimate. Comforting.

Nothing more to say.

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment