Sunday 7 April 2013

His Grace

Luke 1:78-79 - "By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."

God often speaks to me in images - views from the mind's eye. One of these was of myself crouched in the corner of a dark, deserted room, with head hung low. There came a day when the image changed and it became Jesus sitting in the corner in my place. Song of Grace evolved from that changing image.

The good news is, no one has to remain in darkness and despair. Jesus came to overcome it all on our behalf. He Reigns! "As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen."

I had the good fortune to hear Steve Bell perform at St. Thomas' Church, St. John's, years ago. He and his style of music came to mind as the chorus for He Reigns was first coming to mind. I had hoped one day I could share the song with Steve. That day came this past October at a little Baptist church in Dartmouth, NS. After his performance, I introduced myself and passed along a CD of the song which he graciously accepted. An email followed not long after with his encouraging words. Much appreciated. His music is amazing!

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment