Wednesday 10 April 2013

Here I Am

Psalm 40:7-8 - Then I said, “Here I am; in the scroll of the book it is written of me. I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”

These verses of psalm 40 have been meaningful to me. I had participated in an amazing seminar called The Ancient Paths where many were experiencing emotional healing through prayer. As the weekend came to a close we were each given a card with our name and it's meaning, along with a personal scripture that one of our group leaders had selected. These were my particular verses and have always been a comfort to me, reminding me that I do delight to do God's will. "Here I Am", has been the cry of my heart for some time now, "Hello! Here I am. I'm ready to do your will!"

The other cry of my heart has been, Send Out Your Light. "Help me to see where I'm going and what I'm doing", when it has seemed that I was going nowhere and doing nothing. The path of emotional healing can be a long one and frustrating one. None of the effort and growth and transformation is apparent on the surface. And it's been hard at times for me to recognize the good results. There's no paycheck at the end of the day. And the rewards of being productive does not come with it. But it is good! And it is worth the time and effort! I can say that with certainty. I thank God for those who have counselled me and prayed with me, and have shown me a whole new dimension of myself that I had not been in touch with - my soul.

Psalm 43:5 - "O my soul... hope in God, for I will yet praise him".

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment