Thursday 11 April 2013

Seeking and Waiting

Proverbs 25:2-3 - "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out."

In St. John's, NL, I was part of a contemplative prayer group, which for me was perfect. A scripture was read 3 or 4 times while we sat in silence and listened. After, we would share any impressions or thoughts we had during the reading. There were always interesting things that came up from those times of Silence.

Isaiah 45:3 - "I will give you the treasures of darkness and riches hidden in secret places..."

On the day that Silence was written, another little song came along, Beauty Blossoming. It may have been my first two song day, a rare day worthy of remembering. However, I also remember not really liking either song to begin with. Perhaps it was that the melodies were so simple or maybe the chords not melancholy enough for me. In any case, as I played the songs over and over, I soon grew to appreciate them.

Beauty Blossoming became one of the first of my songs that I shared in a public setting. It was the baby shower for two new friends, Steve and Jessica. I didn't think I had a gift to bring, but I had a thought that wouldn't go away, to give this song to the expecting parents. The words of the song seemed just right for the occasion. I waited until the very last possible second to present the song, and trembled my way through playing it. The song was well received and appreciated by all... much to my surprise!

The song actually came from the first image I ever received - a water lily with its bud waiting to blossom. Jesus was watching over that lily with great care... and patience. I believe it was some years later before I was to see that lily open up.

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment