Saturday 27 April 2013

God Shines Forth

I was in a mini-van full of ladies headed for a women's conference in Windsor, NS, driving along a scenic valley road. Out of the blue, the driver Bernadette exclaimed, "Majesty!". She was admiring the colour and beauty of the rolling hills and farm dotted landscape. It struck me as an unusual exclamation, especially since I had written a song of the same title just a month earlier. For me, this was God's stamp of approval. I decided to keep the song's original title, Majesty, even though there were established works with the same name. No other name matched the exclamation of God.

It's comforting to know the Lord is "more majestic than the thunder of mighty water". - Psalm 93:4. And he can be spotted at work even along a valley road.

Psalm 50:2 - "Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God Shines Forth."

Could there be a more perfect line of scripture? It says it all, does it not? What more could I add?

I would like to take a moment to add my welcome... to all those who are listening in various parts of the world. I was thrilled to discover I had listeners in Russia, Germany, Spain, Ireland, Pakistan, the US, as well as across Canada. It's been so nice to have you all tuning in.

When my collection of songs began to grow, I didn't know how I would go about publishing them and sharing them with others. So this blog has turned out to be perfect. I enjoy writing the background information as much as the songs themselves.

I would love to hear your comments - to hear your story... your voice!
Such a pleasure to meet with you here!

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment