Sunday 28 April 2013

Steadfast Love

Words from the Psalms featured in today's post were jotted down on facing pages of my journal back in February 2011. They found their way into songs later in the fall, one in September, the other in October. It's pure coincidence that they continue together on this page.

How songs come about is always fascinating. For me, I usually first discover a nice sounding chord pattern and from there let a melody develop. When the melody seems complete, I go in search for lyrics that are a good fit, leafing through my journals. The words may be found in an entry just days before, or a few years back. I'm always surprised by the match I find. I will play through the song dozens of times before I'm happy with the flow of it. Then the song will circle around in my head for days until it becomes annoying. That's my signal to start a new song!

I love the creative process and I hope that it will always fill a portion of my days. Each day requires a good dose of God's Steadfast Love In The Morning. I rely on his strength and participation more than I ever knew I would.

Psalm 59:17 - "O my strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love."

The other thing I rely on, more than I ever knew I would, is hearing from God. Looking to him on a regular basis to answer questions and lead me through the day. I don't like it when he seems to be silent. "Let Me Hear you", is always my petition.

Psalm 85:10 - "Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet; righteousness and peace will kiss each other." - The kissing part has always puzzled me. What could it mean?... Maybe it's the point where God's voice meets my listening ear. 

A nice thing to ponder and write about.

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment